Thursday, March 22, 2007

Count On Me Singapore!

Hi,

Of course I have been doing more reading up on Sinagpore and a while ago I came across a video on Youtube that displays the many different ethnic groups that live there and make it the country that it is today. Sinigapore is a relativley new country having gained its independance from Malaysia in 1965. The four main ethnic groups that inhabit Singapore are:

Chinese- 75.2%
Malay - 13.6%
Indians - 8.8%
Other - 2.4%

From what I have read and seen, it is clear that Singaporeans are very eager to continue their sense of growth and pride in their nation. Even with all of the rules in place and a governement who pays themseleves a ludicrous sum. I think I read that the Prime Minister gives himself 3X as much as George W. I am not sure how much that is, but I am certain it is a lot. Anyways, this video shows Sinagporeans from all of these ethnic groups and it shows their message of hope and dreams of success for the future. It mildly reminds me of the song we sang in MusiCanada in elementary school all about the Rockies and the "Yukon Miner"

give it a looksee (Singlish for viewing)

5 comments:

Tokyo Tintin said...

I'm so happy you let me be your editor!

Thanks

Miss Ash said...

Oh dear, you need a better editor than TT it seems. In your profile it states: "I have been only been to ...." Perhaps TT missed that one :P

Michael Motor-Cyclorama said...

Indeed he did miss that one. Let's see what he has to say about that. Shall we?

Unknown said...

Oh Michael I am oh so excited to viz you in Singers! More excited am I to swing by some Thai beaches. Lee wants to come, too.
So, we're gonna.
Maybe when I decide to bail on life and just, like, "travel".

Michael Motor-Cyclorama said...

Steve, Of course you and Lee are both welcome!!! How awesome that would be? You should talk to Christine, I think she'll be there in early octiber. I plan to spend December in Thailand. NO CLASSES!