Monday, May 21, 2007

Shoppers Drug Mart.....DONE!


The date was sometime approximately two weeks ago. The venue was the Shopper's Drug Mart located at Queen St. east and Logan in the city's east end. It was around 11:00pm and I really needed a bottle of Pepsi..not Coke..Pepsi. As I approached the large sliding glass fridge I overheard to cashiers speaking very firmly to eachother. What was being said was

"You're doing it wrong"

"Oh just let me do it."


I noticed it but was not immediatley thrown by the discussion as I am often irritable at work see previous post. However I did not expect what came next. The layout of this Shopper's had three cashier stations all in a row. As I approached the first cash I saw a rather unpleasant looking woman who, as I sat the bottle of Pepsi on the counter, proceeded to throw her hands in a dismissive manner at my face and say "DONE!"


I relied with a "Thank you for being so honest"


Of course the next logical step is to approach the second cash station. Apparaently not becasue as I approached the first Bitchy McBitcherson said to me,

"Ummmm that's the Lotto station...keep moving."


At this point I could only laugh. What was I to say?


As I was paying the last woman who seemed nice enough at first, she sarcastically said that I was not getting my change back. I did not want sarcasm at this point....I wanted 15,000,000,000 optimum points. All I can say is that letter will be sent to Shopper's. Exaggerating the situation??? Maybe? But, I think if I am expected to provide the utmost in customer service at all times, I should, at the very least, be shown a basic level of customer service.

1 comment:

Tokyo Tintin said...

you'll have to let us know how it all turns out.