Tuesday, May 8, 2007

oh retail....

School is done for the summer and I am working more often - at Starbucks good help me. It is truly comforting to know that I will not be working there as of the end of July...AMAZING!! As I was waking up at 4am yesterday, some memories of this job came to mind. I would be lying if I said that there were NO good memories of the job, but I am going to share with you some of the most terrible and poignant flashbacks of my retail career.
- walking towards the store to open up for the day and realizing that some type of fecal matter was lying prominently in front of the door....waiting for me.
- seeing a grown man in a business suit throw a real-life temper tantrum because we had run out of banana soy muffins. Can we say...regression?
- having a sugar canister thrown at me by a crazy woman...it smashed at my feet and she proceeded to call me an assortment of gay names when I asked her to leave.
- working at the busiest store in North America and ringing through 101 customers in one half of an hour. This actually made me proud......scary!
- working during the Santa Claus Day parade and making SOOOOOO many hot chocolates that I was wearing mocha and milk...some of which I later found in my undies?!?!
- being so hung over that I showed up three hours late to open the store...OOOPS!!
- being mooned by a girl who really had to pee and I had locked the door already
- having a cockroach fall on me from the ceiling
THE LIST GOES ON REALLY
I also have concluded that all people should have to work in the retail industry at some point in their lives. That way, people would no longer lose all common sense when speaking to just another face behind yet another counter. I am human, I have an education, I am not stupid. Oh I cannot wait to be done with this job....oh the end is near.

7 comments:

Tokyo Tintin said...

Do you have a job that's worse than being a janitor at a kids daycare centre? 'Cause that's mine. Pretty hard to beat...

Michael Motor-Cyclorama said...

I feel that my job does beat that for sure. I had to clean up fecal matter Dan....fecal matter at 5am. OH GOD!!

Tokyo Tintin said...

Uh, hello, did you read the part about "kids daycare centre"? I had to do that all the time!

Tokyo Tintin said...

i think you should write a blog post about your ticket woes, btw.

Anonymous said...

i had to mop up the contents of a guy's arteries.....

:-/

Anonymous said...

I think I remember that hung over late store day.... I also remember special Sbux treats from you :)

Michael Motor-Cyclorama said...

Umm Pinky, I believe you would recall that day. I think that you and Will were maybe heading out to a wedding? So hung over. Yikes!